Friday, July 17, 2015

Monster Beginning of the Year Unit!

Hello Everyone!!
Well, it happened again. A huge apology for not posting much this summer!  I am so enjoying being home.  I am just feeling the stress melting off my sholders.  I'm getting a lot done on the house and am still planning some beach time with the fam!!  Can't wait!! I love my guys!! (and I love the beach!)
But I wanted to answer a question I've been getting lately...I've lost count on how many e-mails I've gotten about a new beginning of year theme.  Thank you for your patience!!! I finally got some things put together to send out.  Our theme this year will be MONSTERS!!! Oh. My!!  The kids are going to have so much fun...and learn a little bit along the way!  If you don't have the book The Monster Who Lost His Mean by Tiffany Haber, you seriously need to order it right now!!!  It is precious and a perfect little book to use for kids. I picked it up on a whim at our Scholastic Book Fair this past spring and fell in love with it!! 
So my Monster Unit ended up to be a little over 100 pages.  I may add some more as we get into it, but it's a good start.  It includes a lot of beginning of year fun, plus some ELA, a lot of Math, and some very cool science observations.  I hope you find something you can use!! Here are a few pics!













































As always, please let me know if you spy any typos or inconsistencies. And check back soon for an update!
Next up? Spelling and writing!  WOOHOO!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!