Thursday, October 24, 2013

I traveled through some fairy tales and found...

Hello Everyone!
We are wrapping up our two week long Reading/Social Studies integrated unit on fairy/folk tales.  We have read so many different Cinderella stories from all over the world, compared, retold, mapped, learned about different cultures, and so much more!  Today we brainstormed some of the different things we found in fairy tales and responded through writing an acrostic and a hands on visual connection.  I love how hard the kids worked on these and the amazing connections they made!! Way to go, kiddos!!















This reader's response activity is included in my Cinderella unit. 
 You can get your activities and patterns HERE!!! Bibbity Bobbity Boo! :) Click! (free!)

Stay tuned for some fun reader's theater clips!!
We are having a ball in first grade!!
Thanks for stopping by for a peek!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

9 comments:

  1. I love this! The crafts are presh. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful pack! Your craft is adorable, and the writing is perfect. I cannot wait to use this at the end of the year. Thank you so very much! What a wonderful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects and posts are always a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY MOLY! Teach me your secrets for teaching handwriting! Your first graders writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this fantastic packet- can't wait until we break from the basal and I have time for this unit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea that could be used for any grade. I used to teach 2nd grade in Los Angeles. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This unit is amazing! Can't wait to try it! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this activity! I'm mentioning it on a post I'm doing about fairy tales. It looks like the kids had a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!