Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Candy Corn Connection Part 2

Hello Everyone!
I just wanted to share a few pics from our math lesson today.  We have been working hard on place value, standard notation and expanded notation. I wanted to see if the kids were really getting it, and decided a hands on visual was what we needed!  We made some giant candy corn shapes that were two sided.  Then I gave each kiddo some random 2 digit numbers. They had to write that number in standard notation, show the place value and expanded notation. On the other side of the candy corn, they had to write the math vocabulary words that went with each section. I think they got it!!








I also wanted to let you know there was a silly typo on my Candy Corn Connection pack I shared earlier this week. (Page 19) If you want the edited version, here's the link again. 
CLICK!!!:)  A mini version of the hands on visual is included in the pack.  

So sorry for the inconvenience!! 

Hope you're having a good week!!  We're gearing up for our annual Chili Bowl tomorrow!!  Each class is responsible for making a pot of chili. The moms have been working hard to come up with just the right recipe. We will make it in class in the morning and let it cook all day!  Yum! Can't wait!!  The Chili Bowl is part of our PTA meeting! Our PTA rocks!!

So, till next time!!
Thanks for taking a peek at our day!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Love them! I printed...laminated...and have them ready to go! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for the free packet! My kids will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, thanks for your sharing these!
    http://en.ofweek.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have such creative ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!