Sunday, June 9, 2013

Think Outside the Box- a Second Shipment!

Hello Everyone!
One of my favorite morning warm ups is our Think Outside the Box Thursday.  I think it has become one of my kids' favorite as well. And I've had parents say they love them too!!  I have posted about this before, but I want to share my second shipment of this packet.  If you are one of my kids or parents reading this, go ahead... print off the new ones and keep your creative juices flowing all summer! Before I share the link for the down load, I want to share one of my favs from the year. We did this one during our popsicle unit.  
If you aren't familiar with them, The kids are given a simple line drawing. They are to create something new out of it. I tell the kids that I want them to think of something no one else will think of. Well, this little guy did!! 

He turned his page sideways and turned it into a guy with a cold blowing his nose!!  Loved it!!

My new pack has 40 different activities for the kids to do.

An example of one of the pages
For the Second Shipment of Think Outside the Box, click HERE!!

For my first set, click HERE!!

Let me know if you have used some of the first pack and how the kids did with them!

Til next time, thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  Have a great week!
Joyfully!
Nancy


14 comments:

  1. I love these. I tried a similar activity using an empty skittles package. The kids had such a hard time thinking outside the box to come up with something original.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the Think Outside the Box this year with my firsties. They loved them especially trying to think of something no one else would think of. I also enjoyed sharing their creativeness with fellow teachers in the lounge at recess. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to do it again.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing!
    Regards from Spain!
    Lilet Lience

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I can't wait to try it next year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing. I can not wait to try these with my first graders.

    Sue
    The Very Busy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!!! These are amazing. What a great idea. Thank you!!! Thank you so much. I can't wait to challenge my students.
    Najda from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing everything! I taught K last year, and I will be teaching 2nd this year. I'm so thankful you share your original ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used these this year with my first graders and they loved them! It was so much fun to see them come up with new ideas each week. I added a writing component to the back of the sheet to have them describe their new picture. The best thing about these activities is that my special ed kids could do these with no modifications. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are simply amazing! I just found your blog through a friend today and I am in LOVE! Thanks for all your freebies and sharing your great ideas! I cannot to implement your resources in the fall.
    Ke'Andra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just discovered you. your blog, and your wonderful ideas- so I haven't had a chance to try these. I look forward to challenging my class to think outside the box. Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog via Pinterest. I am teaching summer school and our theme is Camp. I am excited to do the firefly/glow stick experiment with my kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so very much for your blog. I especially love the "Think Outside The Box" portion. I was wondering if there's a way I could see more examples of finished work. I've seen a few of them, but hoping that maybe there's a link or something to see more. Looking for ideas so that I can help my 5 & 6 year old sons do these. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found your link on first grade critter cafe! I love this idea for my kinders! I can't wait to work this into our schedule!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your awesome free resources!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!